This is the logo of the Society for Caribbean Linguistics (2004),
designed by Brown & Partners Design Ltd .
- Blue — the colour of the Caribbean sea that unites us
- Red — the languages we speak
- The shades of red — the differences in the languages we use (speak or sign)
THE FIGURES :
- The figures — individuals coming together to form a Society
- The arms — used in animated conversation and communication (oral or signed language), reaching out from the Caribbean to the wider world
These are the other official versions of the logo:
BLACK AND WHITE
This is the traditional SCL banner, designed and handmade by Lise Winer .
© Society for Caribbean Linguistics 2004.